There were no specific recommendations for this review, however the report concludes that goals of ongoing review by this Office and the Department should be improved outcomes in five core areas:
- Enhancing public safety by improving all prisoners’ prospects of successful reintegration;
- Maximising returns on the substantial public investment in work camps;
- Promoting greater equity in security ratings between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal prisoners (whilst not compromising public safety);
- Reducing the number of prisoners subjected to levels of security that are unnecessary given their security ratings; and
- Improving the position of women prisoners.