- Ensure that the level of resourcing for transitional services is commensurate with demand and prisoner risk.
- Implement options to improve access to transitional services such as transitional clerks, orientation presentations and processes that identify ‘high needs’ prisoners.
- Provide access to relevant sections of the TOMS database to all Re-entry Link service providers.
- Establish a risk and needs based criteria to prioritise prisoners’ access to throughcare support.
- Replace the contract monitoring data portal with an information system that promotes evidence-based decision-making.
- Develop a comprehensive performance management framework to monitor Re-entry Link service agreement outcomes.
Agency response to recommendations