Wooroloo was built in 1914 as a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients. In 1960 it was transformed into a district hospital which closed in 1970. It was converted to a minimum-security facility for adult male prisoners in 1972. Wooroloo is also host for the Dowerin Work Camp. This was officially opened in its new location in February 2012, after relocating from Kellerberrin.

This our seventh inspection of Wooroloo Prison Farm.

The traditional owners of the land are the Noongar Whadjuk people.

Page last updated: January 5, 2022
137: Inspection of Wooroloo Prison Farm