- Acknowledge Aboriginal kinship and extended familial relationships as significant relationships when considering access to compassionate leave and provide guidance as to what is needed as evidence of a relationship.
- Incorporate management and delivery of compassionate leave in the Reconciliation Action Plan
- Conduct a robust analysis of the average, median and mode costs of compassionate leave to inform the development of appropriate cost limitations
- Develop an internal quoting method to estimate the cost of providing compassionate leave to determine whether each application exceeds cost limitations
- Accurately record and monitor the cost of compassionate leave
Read the Department of Corrective Services’ response to the recommendations